GE Gas Power
- Focuses on increasing government recognition and support of the gas turbine industry
- Educates policy makers on applications and advantages of gas turbines, and advocates positions of interest on legislative and regulatory proposals
- Develops recommendations for government-supported technology R&D programs
- Provides an industry forum to develop industry technical guidelines needed to increase the understanding and utilization of gas turbine engines
- Examines new opportunities for government/industry partnership programs to move the state of gas turbine technology forward. GTA partners with the DOE, State energy offices, associations and research institutes to put together program-planning workshops
It is important that the government understands that the gas turbine industry provides the most efficient, low cost, clean energy available to meet our domestic needs, improve our energy security, reduce consumer energy costs and increase economic growth. If the industry delivers this message, Congress will support technology R&D and deployment, and federal and state regulators will put in place rational emissions regulations for gas turbines.